Terms of service
Terms & Conditions
01/08/2021 **** Please Note: Due to the massive increase in Customer Fraud - The Baby Place Ltd will not take responsibilty for any items deemed 'missing' between our dispatch center and delivery. All shipments are double checked before sending, then weighed, itemised and verified before dispatch and then again on receipt with the shipper.
If you suspect an error has occured in your delivery, you MUST contact us within 24 hours of receipt to notify of any errors. After this time it may not be possible for us to help.
If your item is received damaged or incomplete in any way - you may file a claim with the Shipping or Courier Service direct for reimbursement. The Baby Place Ltd will not reimburse or replace any items deemed to be missing or damaged on delivery and not reported to us with photo evidence within 24 hours.
Of course as a reputable Company we will do everything within our power to make sure your purchase experience is a great one! and for the majority of our lovely honest law abiding customers we will bend over backwards to help and accommodate with any queries or problems with your order, BUT we will not entertain any refund request from customers that we deem to be acting fraudulently or underhand in any way.
CUSTOMER CARE INFORMATION
At The Baby Place we work extremely hard to make sure your shopping experience is a fantastic one for you and your baby when you are buying baby clothes, baby fashion goods or visiting our baby boutique.
All our images are added to the best of our ability to show you the item at it's best. Sometimes however due to lighting or computer differences the item may be a slightly different colour or shade to what is shown and for that we apologise, but unfortunately have no control over. If possible we will always try to add any differences we think there might be to the item description. Again with sizing, all brands are slightly different, so we will also add our advice on sizing to the description if we think it is needed. Of course you don't need to worry too much as our Returns are easy if you want to return an item that is not as you expected.
Delivery & Returns
Please see our Delivery & Returns dedicated page for all information regarding Delivery Terms and Conditions, Pricing and Returns Policy and Procedure.
If the item/s ordered have already been dispatched we are unable to Cancel your order and you must follow the Returns Procedure as per our Returns page.
If your order is still in processing, we will try our very best to cancel before shipping and refund your payment. Please note that payments may take up to 3 working days to show back in your bank account.
Returns PolicyWe intend to supply only the highest quality products and believe you will be delighted with your product from The Baby Place. Of course, if you are unhappy with the product in anyway it can be returned to us following the steps outlined below. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible.
If you return the product in its original unused condition (with the tags not removed, unmarked, unworn etc) including packaging within 14 days of the date of delivery of purchase, a full refund will be issued.
If you return an item to us for which you did not order, or for any other reason which is our fault, we will also pay you the cost of the return carriage. If this happens, please contact us by email or our Help Desk box first and we will let you know how you should return the item to us.
If a purchase includes a free gift , which is not included in the returned item(s), the cost of the gift will be deducted from the refund.
If delivery was free due to the value of the order and the returned items bring the value of the order below the free delivery threshold, the cost of delivery will be deducted from the refund.
We do not pay for return shipping.
- Items Deemed Faulty - If you think your item has a Fault or is Damaged on Arrival please notify us within 24 hours of Delivery - After this time we may not consider the item eligible for return or Refund due to being Damaged / Incomplete
You will be responsible for the item or items until they reach us. For your own protection, we suggest you use a secure delivery method, which requires a signature upon delivery and/or a Shipping receipt. We recommend that you use insured recorded delivery for returns and keep your proof of posting certificate; we cannot be held responsible for non-arrival of returned goods or goods arriving back to us in damaged condition.
Gift Card Policy:
When you purchase an Online E-Gift Card from The Baby Place -
Your Gift Card is Valid for 12 months from the Date of Purchase (in certain circumstances this can be extended for a further 12 months - please contact our Customer Service team who will do their best to help)
We Do Not give Cash Refunds for Gift Card purchases.
Gift Cards do not have to be used in one go - the balance will remain on your Gift Card if you wish to purchase on more than one occasion.
Returned items when purchasing a Gift Card - No Cash Refunds will be issued for returned items. Your refund will be returned to your Gift Card Balance to use at a later date.
All the infant clothing prices shown on the website are in £ Sterling and do not include VAT (we do not charge VAT on infant clothing). Please note that for all orders with delivery outside the European Union VAT is charged at 0% for all goods (local import taxes may be payable the customer for which The Baby Place accepts no liability).
All of the products featured on our website have been carefully selected for Online shopping. If an item sells out we will take it off the website at the earliest opportunity and it may not be made available again. If items that you order should be out of stock, or delayed for any reason, we will try to contact you at the e-mail address you provided when placing your order. If we cannot contact you, or receive no response to our e-mail, we will continue to process the remaining items on your order. All items are subject to availability.
We accept most major credit or debit cards via Paypal or Shopify Secure Payments. We take payment from your card at the time you place your order as we endeavour to process your order ready for dispatch within a few hours.
Or you can take the option of Buy Now Pay Later with Klarna , Cleapay or Laybuy
Klarna Terms & conditions:
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment methods. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
- Pay in  days: The payment period is 14 days from shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. You can find the complete terms and conditions for the markets where this payment method is available here: United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria, Switzerlandand the Netherlands.
- Financing: With the financing service from Klarna you can pay your purchase in flexible or fixed monthly instalments according to the conditions stated in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after submission of a separate monthly invoice by Klarna. Further information regarding Slice It including terms and conditions and Standard European Consumer Credit Information you can find here for the markets where this payment method is available: Austria, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmarkand Finland.
- Direct bank transfer: Available in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands. Your account will be debited directly after placement of your order.
- Direct Debit: Your account will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service or in case of a subscription in accordance with the timelines communicated. You will be notified about the date(s) by email.
- Card Payments: Available in Sweden, Germany and Austria. The amount will be reserved on your card and will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. In case of a subscription the amount will be debited in accordance with the timelines communicated.
- [PLEASE ADJUST ABOVE AND BELOW IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PAYMENT METHODS AND MARKETS USED]
The payment methods Pay in  days, Slice It and direct debit are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
At the Baby Place we are quite happy to arrange shipping to any International destination. We are NOT however liable for any taxes or duties incurred by doing so and by placing an International delivery order you accept that any taxes or duties placed on your order once entering or passing through any International destination are your full responsibility.
If the item is returned to us by the shipper due to unpaid duties / taxes, incorrect mailing address or non-collection from your local agent you will be liable for any fees/return postage costs and you will have this deducted from your refund.
The Baby Place Ltd
12A Wessex House